Bledsoe Funeral Home, Inc. was opened for business on May 18, 1941, by the late Mr. Charles L. Bledsoe. Charles was educated in the public schools of Jackson and graduated from Merry High School in 1931. He was employed by the L.G. Murray Funeral Home (the first organized black funeral home in Jackson) while a student in high school. He worked his way up to assistant manager, embalmer, and funeral director before leaving that employment.
In 1937, he attended Worsham College of Mortuary Science of Chicago, Illinois and served his apprenticeship with the Metropolitan Funeral System. Upon returning to Jackson, Charles was married to Miss Helen Mathis in 1943. Mr. Charles Bledsoe passed away on September 17, 1978.
Mr. Bruce E. Bledsoe, the first born and only son of Charles and Helen Bledsoe took over the business after the passing of his father. Bruce was educated in the public schools of Jackson and was a graduate of Lane College and the Worsham College of Mortuary Science of Chicago, Illinois. He served as the vice-president of the Middle-West Tennessee Morticians and Funeral Director’s Association, a Board Member of the Tennessee State Morticians and Funeral Directors’ Association, a member of the National Funeral Director’s and Morticians’ Association, a member of the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce, and a member of St. Paul C.M.E. Church. Bruce was married to Miss Theresia Womack in 1964. Mr. Bruce Bledsoe passed away on March 7, 2010.
Mr. Sean E. Bledsoe, the first born son of Mr. Bruce and Theresia Bledsoe . He was educated in the public schools of Jackson and graduated from Lambuth College and John A. Gupton Mortuary School. He is marred to Phyllis Reynolds in 1986. Sean, through his foresight and awareness of the needs of the community, has devised the ‘future plan’ of Bledsoe Funeral Home, Inc.